Here’s a tip that I remember from my first summer of being natural.
Buy a spray bottle that will fit in your purse and each day fill it with your favorite leave-in conditioner and a small amount of water. When you’re wearing a English: A spray bottle.style that tends to dry out through the day, use this mixture to bring your hair back to life.
When I heard this piece of advice, the only thing that I could think or see in my head was the image of the 1980s Curl Craze epidemic that had people spraying activator on their heads constantly, tearing up the furniture. However, a take-away from that dark moment in Black History is the fact that we had a grasp of the importance of moisture in the growth cycle of our hair.
Here are a few spray bottle recipes:
In a 3 oz Sprayer-
- 2 oz. favorite leave-in conditioner
- 1oz water
- Shake and spray
Nussle in you hair Spray- (not for color treated hair)
- 1/2 tsp Shea butter
- 1/2 tsp cocoa butter
- 4 drops of essential oil (pick your favorite scent) *remove this step is hair is color treated
- 2 oz favorite liquid leave-in
- shake and spray
- Keep the mixture out of the sun to preserve the essential oil scent
Reset Button- good for re-styling the front on the go
- 2 oz warm water
- 1 oz favorite liquid leave in
- small ball of Shea butter
- Drop the small Shea butter ball in last and shake well while still warm
Hope these give you a few ideas. Try your own recipe. If you would like to use essential oils in your mixtures opt for a colored bottle to reduce sun exposure. If you can find a plastic amber-colored bottle or one that does not allow light to pass through in general. An aluminum bottle is suggested only if you have perfected your mixture in a see-through container. You want everything to blend well before you spray it to avoid clogs and uneven distribution.
As always ask questions when it stops making sense. Enjoy!
- Perfect Spray Bottle Mixture! (curlyduo.wordpress.com)
- Natural & Essential Oils that Improve Hair Growth (gethealthandbeautytips.wordpress.com)