The rules of hair don’t change when you’re natural. Flat color, lack of shape, lack of luster are still on the no-go list.
- In most instances if you’ve gone completely natural, as in no chemical process at all, your natural hair color is not all one thing.
- Everyone needs to do something with their ends, and with that the hair gains movement with proper trims.
- If you drink enough water and moisturize your hair and scalp properly it will not look dull.
Those are the rules. The natural journey should not be a resignation of upkeep, however there have been many questions that we’ve received that lead us to believe that some feel that going natural means throwing your hands up and saying;
Understand that it’s the complete opposite. You should be excited to take the old rules of hair and apply them to your reclaimed curls. There are many DIY styling options that can be taken advantage of, but nothing beats proper cut, color and health maintenance. Learning what creates movement and shape in your hair is the fun part that should not be skipped. If you put in the work, you will absolutely fall in love with your hair, but please don’t break the rules. It makes it hard on the rest of us.
We live in a society that looks at ethnic natural hair as unprofessional, unkempt, unclean etc. The goal that the team here at OohMyHair has maintained from the beginning is to dispel the myths, stereotypes and stigma surrounding all natural journeys. So, do your hair or have it done!
- Who’s Really Setting The Hair Trends? (artachic.com)
- Hair Color Correction Davie – Correct the Damages, Get back the Luster (haircutdavie.wordpress.com)
- Do’s and Don’ts when styling Natural Hair (citystylelove.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways to protect your Natural Hair while Swimming (shinestruck.com)
3 thoughts on “Dimension and Shape”